Saturday, March 23, 2019

May 16, 2016

Week 13: TRANSFERS!!

SO!!! This week is going to be NUTS! Our APs (Assistants to the
President for those of you who are not fluent in missionese) called us
this morning because transfers are this Wednesday AND YOU WILL NEVER
BELIEVE WHO JUST GOT CALLED TO BE A TRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not me. Lololol. Our entire area is actually getting shut down and

"washed", which means both of us are being transferred. I won't
find out where I'm going and who my new companion is until tomorrow
morning. So this time next week i could be literally anywhere in the
entire mission! Both Sister Saili and I are in a state of shock
because our area is being closed. And I'm devastated because we have
two people on date for baptism, and two more really close to being on
date, but now their stakes don't have assigned missionaries so we're
not sure who will be taking over their lessons!!! It's insane because
our area isn't the only one getting whitewashed or closed either. Our
entire district is being transferred and I'm really bummed because I
love them all so much (appropriately of course).

A lot of areas in the whole mission are being closed and new ones are being opened and people are being transferred left and right. I think part of the reason so much is changing is because a lot of missionaries are going home and not enough new ones  are coming in to replace them. We're all stretched thin enough as it is...so the next couple of months are going to be craaaaazzzzyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!


I don't know if I'm excited, nervous, stressed, or still just in shock. I'm going to miss so many people in this area and I'm pretty bummed I won't get to see any of my investigators baptized ðŸ˜­ they're all so close!
Yesterday we got to go to church with JD, our investigator who was originally scheduled to be baptized this Saturday, but he wants to push the date back until he has his "aha" moment and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the true church and yadi yada. The gas station less active that emotionally scarred me for life my first week in the field also came to church with us and hated it so that was fun. But you'll never believe who is in their ward!!!!!!

Matt and Stacey from STUDIO C!!!! I only saw Matt from a distance when he was passing the sacrament, but Stacey was talking to the ward mission leader outside after church so i was all like, "Hey, Brother Wilson, do you realize you're talking to a celebrity?! ðŸ˜‚😬" and he laughed but Stacey was all like "😑" so i was all like "😅 #awkward bye" and yeah. But i have officially talked to and stood in the presence of a studio c cast member!!! Sadly they dont really seem to be as funny in person as they do in their skits. Oh wells. Still wish i could have taken a picture with them.

Other than that we really didnt do anything super exciting or mind blowing this week. We had our first recent convert lesson with the guy who just got baptized last, last saturday on wednesday and he told us he wants to serve a mission, so that was pretty awesome!!! We also found Jonathan's missing records, but they say he never got baptized, even though he did when he was 12, so he has to be rebaptized! Which would have been great, except now we're being transferred and the area is being closed. 

Anyway, yeah, the past few weeks have been good and i have no idea where the next week will take me, but I've really enjoyed working with the YSA. At times it's been super awkward, but it's mostly been really fun. Not to mention great practice for my social skills when I'm back home. 

I am going to miss Sister Saili like crazy. She has been amazing and has taught me a lot, especially when it comes to charity. She really has the pure love of Christ thing down pat. I'm still working on having that Christlike love for everyone. One day I'll tell you all about the gas station less active. She has taught me a lot and changed me in a lot of ways too, and she really makes me think about things from a different perspective. We did a lot of service for her on Saturday and she owns about 645278293646282939484627288482 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures. Trying to organize her basement took nearly all day, and that was with our entire district helping, and we still didn't get it all finished. People in Utah are the biggest hoarders I swear. But it was still fun, and when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God, so thats awesome and all that fun jazz. 


Well, that's about all i can think of to write for this week! 


May the Spirit be with you! ðŸ‘»


~Sister Wainwright 
BEST DISTRICT EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment